Saturday, September 19, 2009

"You're mistake led to customer satisfaction, don't let it happen again!"

This came up one day when my wife was reading this:

http://www.makeupyourownmind.co.uk/question-search?key=runny+yolk

and the above line was the first thing that came to my mind.

What ever happened to customer satisfaction? I mean, there was a time when the customer was king, and could get pretty much anything they wanted if they knew how to talk to a company. Now, many companies are so rigid in their policies that they wont entertain the idea of making a concession to a customer. These days it seems like some companies don't even want to make money anymore.

We need a new furnace, for reasons beyond our control. The TSSA has declared our furnace condemned and ordered us to get a new one. Its amazing how difficult it is to even get a company to come and give me a quote. For something that is for sure going to cost anywhere from $3000 to $5000, they should be lining up at my door to get my business. Instead, I have 1 sales guy that wont return my calls, and the other that wont call me to begin with. 2 separate companies that will never again have my business for anything significant.

We ended up going with a local company called Hearth and Home. They came, gave us a quote, are kind enough to install the furnace on short notice, and will even finance it for us with very good terms. I'm impressed.

Hey Reliance, Hey Sears, you both lost a sale, and it was your own damn fault.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment