Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"Do not run out in front of moving vehicles."

This came up the other day when leaving the Hospital.

It stands to reason that this is common sense, but I guess not so much as I thought.

We we're accelerating up a hill. The fact that I was accelerating could be witnessed by the audible revving of my engine. I could see up ahead that there were 2 teenagers running down the hill, on foot. I didn't think anything of it, because 2 teenagers could not possibly be *that* stupid, could they?

Apparently I drastically underestimated the average intelligence of modern teenagers. One of them looked right at me, took a step out into the street, then back on the sidewalk, then at the last second, shot out into the street right in front of my accelerating Cavalier to cross the road.

In a split second I hammered on the brakes to avoid hitting the dumb twit, and blasted my horn at him. I think I also yelled some choice words at him, but I don't think he heard it over the horn.

What would possess somebody to do that? I don't get it... am I missing something?

X

1 comment:

  1. your doing it wrong. you need to speed up when that happens. How else do we weed out the idiots :)

    ReplyDelete